Thursday, September 1, 2011

Seasonal Brewing

Happy September!!

Being a German girl,  I'm a beer lover and proud of it! One of the best times of year for me is Fall because I get to combine two of my favorite things; Beer and Pumpkin. Here is a list of some of my favorite seasonal pumpkin beers.

1. Ichabod Pumpkin Ale. New Holland Brewing Company, Holland, Michigan.
This brew is very aromatic with notes of cinnamon and nutmeg. It pairs well with every comfort food and root vegetable. A slightly darker ale that is thick, yet makes a tummy say, ahhhhh.




 2. Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale. Blue Moon Brewing Company, Golden, Colorado.
I'm new to Blue Moon's Pumpkin Ale just this season and I have to say, its pretty tasty! A lighter of the pumpkin beers with floral notes from vine ripened pumpkins and a spicy finish of allspice. I think this would pair well with a hearty potato soup myself! Yum!



3. Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. Dogfish Head Brewing Company, Milton, Delaware.
One of my favorites every year as well, this bolder style brew carries notes of brown sugar and bold heavy flavor. As Dogfish states, it was the original brew they began with when Dogfish was born and today is their fastest selling ale. This little punkin would sit nicely right at the Thanksgiving dinner table.
 






4. Shipyard Pumpkin Ale. Shipyard Brewing Company, Portland, Maine.
A crisp, clean wheat ale. Everything about this brew is simple but in the most divine way. It would pair well with a grilled cheese or a bowl of chicken and dumplins'! Refreshing hits of pumpkin and a rounded smooth thirst quencher.



 Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment