Saturday, March 17, 2012

Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Frosting



 Happy St. Patty's Day today!!! I've always loved this holiday and I think I got that from my Grandma. She always loved this lucky green holiday and may she live on in spirit of me today! :)

I tried out this cupcake recipe that I borrowed from Food.com and let me tell you, these are awesome! I've never baked with my beloved beer beverage before but it made for one delicious treat! I followed the batter recipe exactly but I did switch up the frosting recipe a bit by using Bailey's Irish Cream Coffee Creamer instead of actual Bailey's! Since I'm expecting, I didn't want to add alcohol to my frosting but the frosting turned out luscious, creamy, and delightful!!


Check out the recipe HERE!!





For my non-alcoholic frosting:

1/2 cup unsalted butter - room temp

4 cups confectioners sugar

pinch of salt

3-4 (depending on texture preference) tablespoons of Bailey's Irish Cream Coffee Creamer.

Add a few drops of Green Food Coloring to seal the Irish deal!

 
-In a bowl using a hand mixer or an electric mixer, cream butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
-Add salt and mix.
-Next, on low speed and slowly add confectioners sugar until all is absorbed in the butter. Will be a bit crumbly. 
-Lastly, add tablespoons one at a time of Coffee Creamer while mixing, until smooth frosting consistency is achieved.




These are sure to say, "Kiss me, I'm Irish!!" MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment