Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fashion Star

Official Fashion Star Logo


The recently launched NBC show Fashion Star has not only gained my fashion appeal approval but seems to be gaining popularity quickly. Fashion Star has been a fascinating way to display apparel, a talented designer, and lack drama of other reality type shows - BONUS!! The show is based on launching the careers of talented designers from all over the US.

Each week host model Elle Macpherson, celebrity designers Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie, and one of my favorite legendary menswear designers John Varvatos, critique each designers collection. The collections are then presented in a final fashion show reveling the product to buyers from H&M, Saks Fifth Ave, and Macy's. Each designer that is presented with an offer by one of the buyers, immediately debuts their collection and is available for purchase to the public the very next day after the show!! Talk about instant gratification for aspiring shoppers! You can go directly to the store locations or shop right online to purchase the winners of the night.

Here are some of my favorite collections and designers from the show. If you are ever interested in buying the designs you see, shop QUICKLY! All the designs seem to sell out by the time I get to the site! It would be fun to have a one of a kind piece!

Kara Laricks - She seems to show a diverse era of Women's wear with a masculine twist. During week one she designed these collar pieces some with ties attached and I loved it!! Her recent shift dress and tuxedo pants have also been major hits in my book! Check out her designs at Saks HERE!



Nzimiro Oputa -  Nzimiro's menswear shorts he designed last night were awesome! I would totally have bought them for my husband but like I said before, they sell out quickly! Check out this designs at H&M HERE!



Ross Bennett - Although Ross has struggled a bit through the competition, I adored the cuffed pleated satin shorts he designed last night! I really want these shorts in the Floral print. See his designs at Macy's HERE!


Orly Shani - This week she designed an fun and sophisticated scoop neck jersey dress. Her dress was presented in 3 fabulous colors with a color block belt. The orange is for sale at Saks HERE! This is a must have piece I think in every closet. Very versatile and fun!



Check out the show and let me know what you think! NBC - Tuesdays 10pm/9c.

No comments:

Post a Comment