Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Morning Coffee Cake





This morning I wanted to whip up something special for my sweet husband so I made a simple quick Coffee Cake! It was DELICIOUS!!! I could have eaten the whole pan! Such a great recipe and perfect for breakfast or a brunch. See the recipe HERE.

Two things I altered to make it my own was:
-Add 1/3 cup of 0% Greek Yogurt to the batter. (Sour Cream would work fine too!) I wanted to make sure it was moist and add some yummy protein as well.
-Also, I layered the batter and topping. I put a layer of batter in the pan, then sprinkled a tablespoon or two worth of the streusel topping. Then added on the final layer of batter, then finished by topping the whole cake with the remainder of the streusel topping.





Don't forget your cup of Joe to go with it! :)

Have a Sunny Sunday! :-)

1 comment:

  1. This looks really yummy Amy and really easy to do. I will try this the next time we do a big breakfast. Good variation ideas too. I think I could sneak in the yogart with no one knowing.

    ReplyDelete