Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Favorite Salad


I am a big fan of salads. That being said, they cannot be boring! I love the simplicity of throwing a delicious salad together, getting lots of vitamins and minerals, and taking bites while chasing a toddler around! 

My simple summery salad recipe:

Leafy greens. I prefer Kale or a firmer lettuce. (As much as you like)
Chopped avocado (about 1/4 avocado)
Sliced strawberries (about 3)
Seeds ( I like sunflower seeds and prefer Nature Box!) - today I used Honeycomb. I like several tablespoons.
2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut.
Drizzle of olive oil
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Today I used Fustini's Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar.  

Don't be afarid to experiment with other fruits! Melon, grapes, blueberries! I use what I have on hand. ;-) 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment