Thursday, February 5, 2015

Banana Ice Cream


Tonight my 2.5 year old got out of the bath and asked me for a banana for snack. Well, our bananas just came in our bi-weekly farmbox yesterday and, they are still a bit green... 
Hungry toddler, no ripe banana = meltdown! 
Well, luckily, I keep some peeled bananas in the freezer for my green smoothies and I just so happen to have one and a half  left! Thank goodness my heart is screaming! I asked my son if he wanted banana ice cream instead? Much to my relief he nodded in absolute approval! Whew! Dodged another bullet today!  So, here is the recipe for a healthy, delicious, quick, mommy and child approved ice cream!

1.5 frozen bananas
3* tablespoons of milk

Blend in a good processor or blender until it resembles creamy ice cream. Add more milk if the consistency is crumbly. Top with fresh fruit, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, sprinkles, etc! 
Serve immediately. Serving size 3. :-)

Here's to dodging bullets today, ice cream makes everything better! Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment