Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Caprese Salad





Spring is here and summer is just around the corner!! With all these fresh ingredients in the produce section I've been inspired to make salads of all sorts of variations!
Behold- The Caprese Salad! A simple salad from the region of Campania, Italy usually served as an appetizer. However, this day, it was my lunch! Delicious, healthy, filling, and satisfying. Try it and serve it as an appetizer, side dish, or a simple lunch salad. Here is how I made mine:

Amy's Caprese Salad


1 Ripe (firm) Tomato
Fresh Mozzarella
Fresh Arugula
Fresh Basil leaves
Olive Oil
Good Balsamic Vinegar

Slice tomato and mozzarella into even slices. Wash and pat dry arugula and basil leaves.
Next begin stacking the salad starting with a tomato slice, then mozzarella slice, top with arugula and a few pieces of chopped basil.
Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Repeat stacking until all layers are built. Top with arugula and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy a little taste of Italy!

1 comment:

  1. I think my tummy growled while reading this blog! I LOVE Caprese! I will be making this asap!!

    ReplyDelete